Friday, April 1, 2011

Make it Monday #8 & Other Challenges

PTI's Make it Monday for this week is Ink Blending Techniques.  Here is my creation:



To create the background I embossed my paper using a Sizzix Texturz plate.  I really wanted the flowers to stay white, so I decided to use the debossed side of the paper.  To make sure the ink wouldn't go into the debossed areas I colored them with a white crayon.  Then I used some distress ink to create the background.  I simply used a tissue to wipe the ink off of the crayon wax, and Viola! The flowers really pop off the paper in person.    

Products Used
Embossing Plate: Sizzix Texturz plate "Flower Rings"
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select White Cardstock
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Inks (Wild Honey, Mustard Seed)
Memento (Rich Cocoa), ColorBox (Canary)
Stamps: PTI Mega Mixed Messages ("thanks" sentiment)
The Paper Company Dots and Stripes stamp set 

Challenges
Papertrey Ink:  Make it Monday #8

2 comments:

Kristy Smith

Hi Lauren! Glad to meet you! I really REALLY love the yellow on this card! What a clever idea with using a white crayon to keep the debossed areas from getting inky! =) Great work!

Jill Norwood

Love this! So pretty! Love the sunny yellow color and the blending you did! Gorgeous!

Post a Comment