Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Valentines Challenges & Creative Cowgirls Blog Hop

 There are a lot of Valentine's card challenges right now... so I decided to join in the fun. I have never made a card that was not square or rectangular, so this was a fun learning experience for me!  I think I will be making more round cards in the future because I love the way this card turned out!

The sketch: 

My Valentine Card: 


I used my Cricut to cut all of the shapes.  The heart balloon is a freebie from SVG Cuts.  I used a Sizzix Texturz Plate called Hearts Retro for the embossed hearts on my cardstock.  I thought the "Love is in the air" stamp sentiment went perfectly with the heart balloon.  

Challenges:
Mojo Monday - The Card Sketch
Hand Stamped Sentiments - Red, Black and White
Creative Inspirations Challenge - Theme Valentines/Love
Delightful Sketches - Put hearts in project
Lexis Creations - Valentines
Whoopsi Daisy Challenge - Anything but Square
Paper Playtime - Anything Goes
Paper Sundaes - Valentines
Wild Orchid - Love Is
Creative Cowgirls - Valentines/Love is in the air
Stamp TV - STVCSP10 - Black Onix, Red Hot, White

I will be participating in my first ever Blog Hop this month!! I'm so excited! Go visit Creative Cowgirls to learn more about their Blog Hop on February 13th. 

20 comments:

Sharon

Fantastic card!! Love the heart balloon, the embossed bg and the sentiment. Awesome!! Thank you for playing with us at Paper Playtime!!
:)

Crystal

LOVE the circle card & the embossing! I want that folder now!! Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Sundaes :)

Sherry

Very Pretty card. Thanks for joining us at the HSS Challenge Blog.

Gina

What a fabulous circular card Lauren! Love the embossing :D Thank you for joining in with us at Creative Cowgirls XXX

Marianne

Such a beautiful card! Great embossing, and the scallop circle is great!
Thanks for playing along at creative cowgirls challenge!
marianne

Suzi

Gorgeous card, love the shape and simplicity of the style. Thank you for joining in our Valentine/Love theme at Creative Inspirations. Good luck.
Hugs
Suzi x

Kathy Braun and Lucky

Great card, love the round scalloped shape. Thank you for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments. Good Luck.

Paddington fan

Very striking Valentines card, I love it! Thanks for sharing it with us at Lexi's this time and good luck,love Jacky x

Rleen

Lovely Valentine card!
Thank you for joining us at the Whoopsi Daisy this week. Hope to see you again next week challenge.
Hugs, Rleen

Shannon

Lauren,
I love the many textures and layers of your card. Circle cards are my new obsession lately. Thank you for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week.

Anne Marie

Lauren, I really like the rounds design with all of the pretty texture! That balloon is just too cute! Thanks for joining in the fun at Hand Stamped Sentiments! :)

inkedx2

Cute card! Thanks for playing with us this week. Hope to see your work again next week.

Robbie

midnightstampingwithminnie

What a great idea for a circle card -- cool! I like how you put it all together. Really cute. Thank you so much for submitting your card to the HSS Challenge. Keep on participating!!!

stampinbygenny

Very clever to have a round Valentine card. I especially like the embossed background. Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Wendy Colledge

Sooo beautiful!
Thank You for joining us at Lexi's Creations

Sande

Very beautiful card! I love the paper with embossed hearts!

Thanks for joining us at WhoopsiDaisy this week!

Hugs, Sande

Rose

This is adorable! Love your shape card :). Thanks for playing at HSS this week!

Erin Gonzales

I LOVE the fun shape and the dies and shapes you used for your project. Thanks so much for playing along with us at HSS!!

Barbara

I too love the way your card turned out! The embossing is beautiful and the design is so original. I think I might have to try this round card soon. Thanks for joining us at The Creative Cowgirls Challenge this week. I am so happy that you are posting our future blog hop...Way to Go. HugsXX

Queen La Rubba

Hello,

You were a winner on our challenge! Hop on over to see what you won and then contact me.
QLR
CREATIVE COWGIRLS

Post a Comment